Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Racer Mania Has Taken Over The Internet!
Racer Mania has taken over the Internet and we are working hard to compile this directory of some of this season's highlights from various media outlets. There's no way we can capture the hundreds of articles this team has inspired, but we'll do our best to share some of our favorites. Got something for this page? Send it to us: email@example.com, with "Racer Mania" in the subject line and we'll add it to the list!
See the team's event schedule at goracers.com
Got something for this page? Send it to us: firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Racer Mania" in the subject line and we'll add it to the list!
Racer Anthem (A Must See):
Added March 19:
- Marquette ended Murray State's season with a 62-53 victory Saturday in Louisville.
- Jeff Borzello of cbssports.com come says the Racers are one of the season's best stories despite the loss to Marquette.
Added March 16:
- We heard Murray State President Dr. Randy Dunn on All Things Considered, in a report by Mike Pesca who went to Louisville to cover the NCAA games, Thursday.
- The Racers easily defeated Colorado State 58-41 and will face Marquette on Saturday.
- espn.com says the Racers built on their special season with the victory over Colorado State.
Added March 15:
- WKMS News' Gary Pitts filed this report about Racer Mania, heard on NPR's Morning Edition.
- Rob Dauster of nbcsports.com says Isaiah Canaan is a player to watch in the West Region of the NCAA Tournament.
- SB Nation says Murray State will lose to Missouri in the Sweet 16.
- Matt Norlander of cbssports.com says a Sweet 16 run would legitimize the Racers' season.
- Pat Forde of Yahoo! sports says the Racers' best case scenario for the NCAA tournament is a berth in the National Championship Game.
- bleacherreport.com lists Murray State's keys to success in the NCAA tournament.
- examiner.com says the team that shoots the ball better will win the Murray State - Colorado state game.
- denverpost.com says we should expect lots of three pointers during the Murray State - Colorado State game.
Added March 14:
- examiner.com analyzes the Murray State - Colorado State game.
- cbssports.com has named Isaiah Canaan a first team All American.
- Andy Staples of cnnsi.com says Isaiah Canaan is one of the potential breakout stars of the NCAA tournament.
- Isaiah Canaan has been named second team All American by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association.
- Jewuan Long wishes his father had lived to see the Racers' miraculous season.
- Former March Madness heroes Brad Stevens and Bryce Drew say Murray State is the mid-major team that will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament.
- Eamonn Brennan of espn.com says Murray State vs. Colorado State will be "small ball" at its finest.
- Pat Forde of Yahoo! sports has picked Murray State to make it to the Final 4.
Added March 9:
Added March 7:
- Isaiah Canaan has been named a finalist for the John R. Wooden Award.
- Murray State Head Coach Steve Prohm was named the USBWA District-IV Coach of the Year and MSU's Isaiah Canaan was named to the USBWA All-District-IV Team.
- searchingforbillyedelin.com previews the Racers in advance of the NCAA tournament.
- washingtonpost.com says the Racers have a long layoff until the NCAA Tournament begins.
- Isaiah Canaan was named first-team All American by the Sporting News.
Added March 5:
- The Racers are dancing after defeating Tennessee State in a thrilling OVC tournament final.
- Steve Prohm tells Yahoo! Sports that Murray State's body of work might be worthy of a 2 seed but he expects to receive a 4, 5, or 6 seed.
- Adrian Branch of ESPN says the Racers could go on a run in the NCAA tournament.
- espn.com's Bob McClellan says the Racers took care of business against Tennessee State, and put themselves in the position to play close to home in the NCAA tournament.
- Jason King of espn.com lists the Racers, Isaiah Canaan, Steve Prohm, and Ivan Aska in his season-ending awards column.
Added March 1:
- murrayledger.com says the Racers are waiting to see who they will play in the OVC tournament semi-finals Friday night.
- Steve Prohm tells courier-journal.com that the Racers deserve a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament if they win the OVC tournament.
- bleacherreport.com has named Isaiah Canaan to its "All-Mid-Major" first team.
- Pat Forde of Yahoo! Sports says Isaiah Canaan is in the discussion for national Player of the Year.
Added February 29:
- goracers.com says Murray State dominated the year-end OVC awards.
- Michael Grant of courier-journal.com says Donte Poole has become an indispensable part of this Murray State team.
- Joe Sullivan of boston.com says the national player of the year race comes down to Draymond Green and Isaiah Canaan.
- espn.com's Andy Katz says the Racers are on a mission to win the OVC tournament.
Added February 27:
- Jerry Meyer of rivals.com says many high-major high school basketball players have taken notice of the Racers this season.
- cbssports.com says the Racers are the only mid major team that won't have to worry about an NCAA bid on Selection Sunday.
- espn.com recaps Saturday's victory over Tennessee Tech.
- daltondailycitizen.com has a nice story about head coach Steve Prohm.
Added February 24:
- Tim Brando of cbssports.com discusses Murray State's big season with Racer Coach Steve Prohm.
- From WKMS News: MSU Downs Tennessee State
Added February 23:
Added February 22:
- ology.com tries to figure out if Wichita State or Murray State is this year's most dangerous mid-major team.
- espn.com's Jason King ranks Isaiah Canaan 4th on his Player Of The Year ballot.
Added February 21:
- Nick Fasulo of SBNation says a visit from Dick Vitale was Murray State's only tangible gain from BracketBusters weekend.
- Andy Katz of espn.com says Murray State is one team that impressed him during the past week.
- Jason King of espn.com says the Racers have something to prove in March.
- Dick Vitale lists Racer coach Steve Prohm as one of his Coach of the Year finalists.
- ESPN is holding a poll for "best Under the Radar college basketball player this season." Vote Canaan!
- "Murray State was awesome baby with a capital A!" - Dick Vitale, from his blog: dickvitaleonline.com, with nothing but great words for Murray State, the Racers, and the fans.
Added February 20:
- Ben Enos of mercurynews.com says St. Mary's was outplayed by the Racers.
- bleacherreport.com says the Racers will lack the element of surprise in this year's NCAA tournament.
- espn.com's resident bracketologist Joe Lunardi says the Racers are "a lock" to go dancing.
- Andy Glockner of cnnsi.com says determining the NCAA tournament seed for the Racers will be an "exercise in subjectivity."
- Brett Dawson of yahoo! sports says people in Murray should get used to dancing, because the Racers are in the NCAA tournament.
- courier-journal.com says Murray State was ready for the national spotlight.
- Mike DeCourcy of sportingnews.com says the Racers are now 'in' the NCAA tournament.
- Gary Parrish of cbssports.com says the Racers are savoring their their 3rd straight OVC title.
- espn.com says the nation finally got to see what the Racers are all about.
- espn.com says the St. Mary's game was a coronation for Isaiah Canaan as one of the country's best players.
- espn.com says the Racers basically clinched an at-large bid with the victory over St. Mary's.
- espn.com's Jason King says Isaiah Canaan is a player capable of carrying the Racers to a win or two in the NCAA tournament.
Added February 17:
- espn.com's Jay Bilas gives a comprehensive breakdown of the Murray State/St. Mary's game.
- Myron Medcalf of espn.com says the Murray State/St. Mary's game is "must-see TV".
- espn.com says Isaiah Canaan leads the Racers' fast-paced attack.
- usatoday.com says Murray State vs.St. Mary's is the most anticipated pairing of this years BracketBusters games.
- collegehoopsnet.com picks Murray State to prevail in tomorrows game against St. Mary's
- The Springfield News-Leader says the Racers are this year's "mid-major darlings".
- sfgate.com says St. Mary's will be missing some key players when they play the Racers tomorrow.
- Stewart Mandel of cnnsi.com looks at tomorrow's BracketBusters showdown from St. Mary's perspective.
- Gary Parrish of cbssports.com says the Murray State/St. Mary's game is the best BracketBusters matchup.
Added February 16:
- ESPN: Dick Vitale can't wait to come to Murray Saturday.
- Elton Alexander of cleveland.com says this week's BracketBuster matchups will solve some "mid-major" questions.
- bleacherreport.com lists Isaiah Canaan as one of the 6 most improved players in the nation.
- Mike Miller of nbcsports.com says the Racers' pursuit of perfection makes them one of the year's best stories.
- bleacherreport.com says the Tennessee State loss proves the Racers aren't ready for the NCAA tournament.
- ESPN: Donte Poole led the Racers to a big win at SEMO last night.
Added February 15:
- bleacherreport.com says the Racers are one of college basketball's 10 "biggest shockers" of the season.
- Dick Vitale shows the Racers some love in a commentary for USA Today.
- Stats guru Ken Pomeroy analyzes the factors that led to Murray State's first loss of the season.
- wpsdlocal6.com's Jeff Bidwell lists 10 things to look for during tonight's rematch with SEMO.
- CBSSports.com previews the Murray State at Southeast Missouri State game.
- USA Today: stats for the upcoming game, Murray State at SE Missouri St.
Added February 14:
- bleacherreport.com lists Murray State as one of 7 mid-major teams that will "ruin brackets" in the NCAA tournament.
- espn.com's Eamonn Brennan says that despite the loss to Tennessee State, the Racers are a 'lock" to make the NCAA tournament.
- espn.com's Jason King lists Murray State as one of four mid-majors who have a chance to make the Final Four this year.
- Charles Pierce of grantland.com has written a rather excellent article about the Racers' life "after undefeated."
Added February 13:
- Murray State tumbles to 16th in the latest AP basketball poll.
- The Racer's fell to 14th in this week's coaches poll.
- espn.com's Andy Katz says the one-loss Racers are down but not out.
- nbcsports.com's "Beyond the Arc" says despite the loss to Tennessee State the Racers are still a team to be feared.
- newsy.com says Murray State's loss refuels the debate about just how good they are.
- bleacherreport.com analyzes the first conference losses for Murray State, St. Mary's and Middle Tennessee State.
- newsfeed.time.com says it's harder than ever to stay undefeated.
- The Las Vegas Sun says Donte Poole is "living the dream" at Murray State.
- Yahoo sports' The Dagger makes the ridiculous assertion that the Racers loss was the result of a t-shirt jinx.
- The Washington Post reports that Murray State scored a big bounce-back victory over Austin Peay.
- Isaiah Canaan is in competition for The Bob Cousy Award. Show your support and vote every day!
- From AllKyHoops.com, Legendary ESPN broadcaster Dick Vitale announced that he will be calling the ESPNU BracketBuster game between Murray State and St. Mary's on February 18.
Added February 11:
Added February 10:
- Murray State News: How Racer Mania has helped the community.
- Tennessee State ended the Racers' dream of an undefeated season at the CFSB Center last night.
Added February 9:
- Former coach Bobby Knight likes what he sees from the Racers.
- Myron Medcalf wonders why Isaiah Canaan isn't getting more love in the national Player of the Year race.
- Myron Medcalf of espn.com says Murray State/Austin Peay is one of the best mid-major rivalries in the country. He also previews tonight's Tennessee State game.
Added February 8:
- Rob Dauster of nbcsports.com says the Racers will be must see TV for the rest of the season
- WPSD says the Racers are getting used to playing at full strength
- foxnews.com says Murray State is enjoying its moment in the spotlight
- Mark Blaudschun of the Boston Globe says the Racers face long odds in their quest to enter the NCAA Tournament undefeated.
- Matt Norlander of cbssports.com says Murray State has ascended to the top of the Non-BCS Power Pyramid.
Added February 7:
- The Badger Herald says the Racers are quietly trying to achieve a feat that hasn't been accomplished in 36 years.
- Racer fans are making a push to bring Dick Vitale to Murray for the February 18 BracketBuster game against St. Mary's
- Murray Ledger: The Racers moved up to 7th in the coaches poll and 9th in the AP poll this week.
- espn.com's Jason King says that while the Racers are a "great great team" they are currently ranked too high.
- Murray State's Isaiah Canaan is one of 11 finalists for the 2012 Bob Cousy Collegiate Point Guard of the Year Award.
- Racers ranked #9 in AP poll, #7 in ESPN/USA Today Coach's poll.
- NPR says "one team no one expected has snuck into the polls this week: the Murray State Racers."
Added February 4:
- Isaiah Canaan has been named one of 11 finalists for the prestigious Bob Cousy award.
- The Racers set the new OVC consecutive wins record behind a huge night from Isaiah Canaan.
Added February 3:
- ESPN Stats & Info writer Jeremy Lundbald says Racers Remain Perfect
- Boston Globe says "Murray State has been sailing along, but obstacles lie ahead."
Added February 2:
Added February 1:
- Isaiah Canaan talks about the Racers' incredible season with Seth Davis of cbssports.com (Video)
- Jeff Goodman of cbssports.com says the Racers are staying focused on the task at hand.
Added January 31:
- bleacherreport lists 10 reasons why the Murray State Racers are a legitimate Final Four threat (thanks Sherry McClain!)
- Yahoo! Sports ranks the top seven BracketBusters matchups. Guess who nabbed the top spot?
- The St. Mary's Gaels are looking forward to their BracketBuster game with Murray State.
- ESPN.com lists Donte Poole as the top player to watch during BracketBusters.
- bleacherreport.com says Murray State/St. Mary's is the most intriguing BracketBusters game.
- sportingnews.com analyzes the top 5 BracketBuster matchups: including Murray State vs. St. Mary's
- SB Nation says the Racers have the best BracketBusters matchup.
- The Associated Press says Isaiah Canaan is the driving force behind this year's Racer squad.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch says The Murray State-St. Mary's game shapes up as one of the best mid-major matchups in recent memory.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader says the Racers are basking in the glow of perfection.
- Murray State will host St. Mary's February 18 as part of ESPN's BracketBusters lineup.
- ESPN college basketball writer Andy Katz gives his first impressions of the Racer's BracketBusters matchup.
Added January 30:
- ncaa.com looks at the individuals who make up this year's Racer squad.
- ncaa.com says the Racers are not your typical Cinderella.
- bleacherreport.com gives three reasons Murray State could be a Cinderella this March.
- bleacherreport.com lists 10 reasons why the Racers could be a Final Four team.
- ESPN: For the first time in history, the Racers are ranked in the top 10 of both major polls.
- ESPN.com's Eamonn Brennan thinks the Racers may have finally reached their poll peak.
- Yahoo Sports college basketball writer Pat Forde says the Racers have a great chance of still being undefeated on Selection Sunday (video)
- USA Today: Murray State's fan anthem rap is getting national attention
- USA Today: Success is nothing new to the Racers.
- sportsradiointerviews.com posted a nice interview with Steve Prohm
- ology.com wonders if an undefeated Racer squad could be rewarded with a coveted 1 seed in the Big Dance.
- The New York Times wrote a great in-depth article about the Racer’s magical season and its effect on the community.
Got something for this page? Send it to us: email@example.com, with "Racer Mania" in the subject line and we'll add it to the list!