Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Songs We Used To Sing
Back then, we sang. We sang at school. We sang at recess. We sang on camping trips and at Sunday School. We sang at home, gathered around the piano. We sang while we worked and just because it was fun. And of course, we sang along with the radio. We all knew the words to folk songs, kid songs, pop songs, hymns, funny songs, and the ones our grandmother taught us.
“Songs We Used to Sing” celebrates that great tradition with two hours of fun and familiar American songs performed by artists across the spectrum of popular music – from Dolly Parton to Pete Seeger, from Bruce Springsteen to Louis Armstong, from Johnny Cash to Judy Collins.
Your host and producer is Dr. Bob, creator of the Eisenhower Hour and the award-winning Christmas in the Fifties. “Songs We Used to Sing” comes your way this 4th of July on WKMS.
Hear Songs We Used to Sing on-demand: