Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue July 17, 2012
Tennessee Lottery Sets Another Record
Tennessee lottery officials say they’ve set another record with more than $323 million raised this year for state education programs.
That’s a 10.2% increase over last year's then-record of $293.4 million. This year marks the eighth consecutive record-setting year. According to data from the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation more than 600,000 scholarships have been awarded to in-state education institutions since the lottery's inception in 2004.