Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue July 17, 2012
Tennessee Lottery Sets Another Record
Tennessee lottery officials say they’ve set another record with more than $323 million raised this year for state education programs.
That’s a 10.2% increase over last year's then-record of $293.4 million. This year marks the eighth consecutive record-setting year. According to data from the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation more than 600,000 scholarships have been awarded to in-state education institutions since the lottery's inception in 2004.