Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Tue July 17, 2012
Tennessee Lottery Sets Another Record
Tennessee lottery officials say they’ve set another record with more than $323 million raised this year for state education programs.
That’s a 10.2% increase over last year's then-record of $293.4 million. This year marks the eighth consecutive record-setting year. According to data from the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation more than 600,000 scholarships have been awarded to in-state education institutions since the lottery's inception in 2004.