Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 17, 2012
Tennessee Education Department Releases Evaluation Report
A new Tennessee Department of Education report addresses educators’ concerns about the way certain test scores are used to evaluate teachers.
The report, sent to the General Assembly this week, suggests making student test scores a smaller portion of teachers' evaluations. Teachers have had issues with evaluation measures since they were first enacted as part of Tennessee's federal Race to the Top grant application in 2010. Last month, the State Collaborative on Reforming Education, or SCORE, released its own study recommending teachers in subjects or grades without specific testing data be allowed to reduce that component to 25% of their evaluation.