Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri March 2, 2012
State House Budget Vote
The Kentucky House is expected to vote on an austere state budget by the middle of next week. Speaker Greg Stumbo says he doesn't expect a lot of changes to Governor Steve Beshear's original budget proposal. The governor's $19.5 billion, two-year budget proposal includes 8.4 percent cuts to most state agencies. The House Appropriations and Revenue Committee vote is expected Tuesday. The measure could then be considered by the full House the next day. The proposal to close a $742 million dollar shortfall includes no new taxes, and only education, public safety and a handful of other programs would be spared from cuts.