Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri August 3, 2012
Shemwell Released on Parole
The Paducah woman sentenced to 15 years in prison on weapons and shoplifting charges, and who is still a person of interest in the 2006 death of her physician husband has been released on parole.
Penny Baird Shemwell had been denied parole in 2007, 2009 and 2011. According to the Paducah Sun, police still believe the widow of 81-year-old Paducah doctor Frank Shemwell has not told them all she knows about her husband’s death. The case remains open. Shemwell’s husband died in a fire in his home. An autopsy revealed he suffered smoke inhalation and blunt-force trauma.