Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri July 20, 2012
Quinn Signs Transparency Legislation
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has signed legislation to improve public access to information about government meetings.
The law requires governmental bodies holding an public meeting to post information on the gathering and its agenda on the Internet 48 hours before the event. The governor says the law gives the public better access to information that may impact their lives. The bill will take effect in 2013.