Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri August 17, 2012
Planters Bank to Acquire Five Western Ky. Bank Locations
Hopkinsville-based Planters Banks is taking over five former Old National Bank branches in western Kentucky. Planters plans to acquire locations in Princeton, Providence, Dawson Springs, Sebree and Sturgis. The move will add $92 million in deposits to Planter’s liabilities.
The bank will not take over any outstanding loans. If regulators approve the acquisition, the deal will be complete within four months. Planters was founded in 1996, and has three Hopkinsville branches and five Clarksville branches, as well as one mortgage office.