Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Fri September 7, 2012
MSU Board of Regents Updates On-Campus Weapons Policy
The Murray State University Board of Regents has approved changes to its on-campus weapons policy. The board made the revision today at its quarterly meeting. The new rule states that while weapons may not be carried on campus, they may be kept locked inside vehicles.
University law enforcement is exempt from the rule. The Kentucky Supreme Court ruled in April that while state universities can regulate weapons on campus, they can’t control weapons inside personal vehicles. The case followed an incident at the University of Kentucky. The next Board of Regents meeting is Dec. 14.