Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri March 30, 2012
Marshall County Liquor Vote
A Marshall County group delivered a petition to the county courthouse yesterday which, when the petition is verified will lead to a referendum on county-wide alcohol sales. The group, named Marshall First, collected 2,400 signatures, well above the required 2,078 required to open a vote. The Paducah Sun reports Judge Executive Mike Miller now has 60 to 90 days to order a referendum once the signatures have been verified. Members of Marshall first claim legalizing alcohol sales would generate additional revenue for the county.