Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue April 10, 2012
LBL Officials Host a Series of Public Meetings to Determine Future of Park Services
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area officials are looking to the public for ways to cope only half of their normal maintenance budget. Tonight is the first of a series of public meetings on maintenance budget cuts. LBL spokesperson Jan Bush says the meetings will help Forest Service staff determine how to distribute the park’s limited resources.
“We get ideas from everybody ‘cause this is a serious thing that we’re going through, we’ve lost 50% of our maintenance budget, that’s quite a bit, and we don’t see it improving anytime soon.”
Bush says they’re looking for ideas on what services to reduce, what should increase, and new ways to offset budget restrictions. Tonight’s meeting is at the LBL Administrative Office in Golden Pond from 5 to 7.