Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue July 24, 2012
Illinois Lottery Revenue Increases
Illinois Lottery officials said sales for the fiscal year that ended June 30th topped $2.67 billion, a nearly 18 percent increase over the previous year.
Lottery Superintendent Michael Jones said a key to increased sales was the change in the lottery's image. He said the lottery placed an emphasis on specialty games such as Veterans' Cash and Ticket for the Cure. Lottery officials said just over $708 million will go to good causes, including nearly $640 million to public schools.