Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue July 24, 2012
Illinois Lottery Revenue Increases
Illinois Lottery officials said sales for the fiscal year that ended June 30th topped $2.67 billion, a nearly 18 percent increase over the previous year.
Lottery Superintendent Michael Jones said a key to increased sales was the change in the lottery's image. He said the lottery placed an emphasis on specialty games such as Veterans' Cash and Ticket for the Cure. Lottery officials said just over $708 million will go to good causes, including nearly $640 million to public schools.