Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 11, 2011
Goodyear Shutting Down
By Associated Press
Union City, TN – A United Steelworkers union spokesperson says that, as of last night, workers will not continue to make tires at Union City, Tennessee's Goodyear Tire and Rubber Plant. USW spokesman Dale Carroll says this stems from Goodyear filing a 60-day notice that the plant will close. Carrol says union members will be arriving at the plant, but only to pick-up tools and personal items. WPSD-TV reports earlier indications from the plant were that a shut-down would occur later this year rather than now.