Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Mon July 23, 2012
Fines for parking fraud increase
Illinois legislation will raise fines for people that misuse disabled parking tags to $600 next year. The new law also imposes a $1,000 fine on any healthcare provider that knowingly falsifies the certification that allows someone to get a disability plate or parking decal.
In addition, anyone who improperly uses a dead person’s handicap placard will face a minimum $2,500 fine. The laws are part of Governor Pat Quinn’s efforts to reduce fraud across the state.