Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri August 3, 2012
Drilling Work Finished at New Bridge Site
A drilling crew has finished geotechnical work at the site of the new Kentucky Lake bridge. KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says the drilling rig finished collecting soil and rock samples from planned pier locations yesterday.
He says engineers will take several months to analyze the data and incorporate it into their design plans. KYTC officials hope to bid out a pre-construction project near the bridge site late this year, or early next. The $330 million bridge replaces the 80-year-old Eggners Ferry Bridge.
Roads & Highways