Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Tue August 14, 2012
Datebook: August 14 - Gary Larson Turns 62, Steve Martin Turns 67
We love 'em both! Almost everyone at some point has had (or wanted) a Far Side calendar designed by one Gary Larson, and we've all laughed at Steve Martin's absurdist charm. Martin once said, "What is comedy? Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke."
It’s Tuesday, August 14
The Special Olympics holds bowling signups Thursday at 6PM at the Murray Central Park Courthouse Pavilion. New athletes ages 8 to adult, peers who partner with an athlete in competition, and volunteers are welcome. Activities will also include games and food. Sign up to bring a dessert or side dish, if possible. RSVP to 293-9054.
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office. Contact James Patterson for details at (270) 886-9484.
Maiden Alley Cinema presents the films produced for the Paducah 48-Hour Film Project. Premiere screenings are tomorrow night and Thursday night at 7, with a “Best Of” screening scheduled for next Thursday. Tickets are $7 for the premiere screenings or $8 for the “Best Of” screening. See more atmaidenalleycinema.com.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.