Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue October 30, 2012
Beshear Orders KYTC to Expedite Permits for Hurricane Relief Transport
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has signed an executive order directing the state Transportation Cabinet to expedite the transportation of emergency supplies to Hurricane Sandy victims. The order directs the cabinet to waive special registration and permit requirements for vehicles carrying relief supplies such as food, water and medicine.
The waiver also applies to utility vehicles that are responding to power outages or removing debris. Although the response vehicles do not have to pay permit fees for oversized or overweight vehicles, they still must obtain permits for route verification. Beshear says after responding to a series of weather disasters as governor, he knows that quick action is critical to recovery efforts.